4 CHICKEN PIECES
1 tbsp MAIDA FLOUR
1 tbsp CORN FLOUR
1/4 tsp TURMERIC POWDER
as required SALT
1 tsp CHICKEN MASALA
1 tsp GINGER GARLIC PASTE
1 tsp CORIANDER POWDER
2 tsp KASHMIRI CHILLI
2 tsp SOY SAUCE
2 tsp VINEGAR
1/2 tsp GARAM MASALA
1/4 tsp BLACK PEPPER
fry as required OIL
1 tbsp OIL
1 tbsp GARLIC CHOPPED
2 tbsp ONION
2 tsp SCHEZWAN SAUCE
1 tsp TOMATO SAUCE
as required WATER
1/3 cup CURD
2 tsp SPRING ONIONS
Chicken Lollipop Recipe / Easy Chicken Lollipop at Home
Imagine yourself in those tiny shoes that somehow always found their way into a pile of mud. Being young, we often didn’t care about the fears of tooth decay, instead, we enjoyed focusing on our love for delicious and colourful lollipops (green used to be my favourite). Now that we have grown up into adults, our love for lollipops has changed in shape, taste, aroma, and ingredients but one thing still remains common – the word ‘lollipop’ still brings water into our mouths. Unlike how soft and flavourful kids turn into hardened adults, the evolution of lollipops flows in the exact opposite direction, from hard and sweet candy to a flavoursome piece of chicken that melts the moment you take a bite.
Puviya’s Chicken Lollipop are the perfect starters for when you have guests at home. Be it either friends or family, this delicacy is the perfect dish to be kept on the table. Easy to make-Easier to serve- Easiest to eat, this chicken serving takes one on an eventful journey to the land of flavours. Be it the taste of Spicy mixed with a slight hint of turmeric, the hint of onions that blend in perfectly with garlic, or be it the amazing crunchiness of the pieces, this dish has a lot to offer.
Although it’s a semi-dry dish, the thickness of the sauce can be varied by varying the amount of water added to it, all in accordance with one’s taste. The mouth-watering pieces of chicken can be served with a drop of Schezwan sauce on the side. All the ingredients mentioned in the recipe are easy to find and the dish only takes about an hour to prepare.
So without waiting any further, let us dive in and prepare Puviya’s awesome-sauce chicken lollipop.
Watch Video Recipe of Chicken Lollipop
Recipe Instructions of Chicken Lollipop Recipe:
- Take your chicken pieces and place them in a bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon Maida Flour and 1 tablespoon Corn Flour into the bowl
- Put ¼ tablespoon Turmeric Powder to the bowl followed by ½ tablespoon salt and 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- Now it is time to add some masala to the chicken. Add 1 tablespoon Chicken masala, 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder and 1 tablespoon Kashmiri Chilli into the bowl.
- Pour 1 tablespoon Soy sauce and 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- BREAK A LEG and Add 1 egg to the bowl.
- Add ½ tablespoon Garam Masala and ¼ tablespoon Black pepper to the bowl
- Now it is time to mix the ingredients. Mixing it well will ensure enriching flavours in the chicken.
- Marinate the chicken for about 30 minutes.
- Take a fresh pan and add sufficient oil in it for deep frying the chicken. Drop the pieces one by one when the oil gets hot.
- Fry each piece for 2 minutes without stirring. After all are done, set the flame on medium setting.
- Fry the chicken pieces for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- The chicken should now have a nice Golden-brown colour.
- Take them out in a plate, our chicken is ready, now we will prepare the gravy.
- Take a fresh pan and add 1 tablespoon oil to it.
- Add 1 tablespoon chopped Garlic and 2 tablespoon Onion into the pan
- Sauté this mixture well
- Add 2 tablespoon Schezwan Sauce. Next pour 1 tablespoon Soy sauce, 1 tablespoon Vinegar and add 1 tablespoon tomato sauce for flavour.
- Add ¼ tablespoon to the pan
- Mix the contents of the pan well
- Add as much water to the pan as required
- Add 1/3 cup curd and ½ tablespoon Kashmiri Chilli to the pan.
- Mix it well. Our sauce is ready
- Add the fried chicken pieces into the pan.
- Garnish with spring onion
- Stir the pan for 1 minute on high flame.
- Make sure the sauce coats the pieces well.
- Your Crazy-licious chicken lollipop is ready to serve.